love is meant for beauty queens

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

 
Happy Wednesday guys! I don't particularly like wednesdays. I mean, it's not the beginning of the week, or the end, just a odd middle day that isn't really anything. (reminds me a little of whereabouts I feel I am in life. Maybe that's why I don't like it)
Anyway, I've had a super lazy day, since I stayed up last night trying on my mum's old clothes and starting my journal (I did it! I finally started one!) and so didn't get time to wash my hair...which resulted in my looking like a trash can in school today. I took some pictures anyway, as I like this shirt I borrowed from my mum...it's sleeveless and reminds me of primary school and I can't wait to wear it in summer. I will start taking better pictures soon, I promise. In my defence, it's been snowing again over here...yes, snowing. In MARCH. Some English summer this is going to be.
 
 
I literally just scrunched my hair up today, it was that bad this morning...I hate having my hair up usually, as I don't think it suits the shape of my face, but this was an EMERGENCY.
 

I wore my green turtleneck jumper yesterday and realised just how much it made me feel like Kathy Bates in the film Misery...I love that film. It's basically about an author who gets kidnapped by his 'number one fan'...classic suspense-filled thriller/horror, filmed in that grainy, vintage kind of style...and the costumes! Kathy Bates looks amazing, I think. Her outfits are so vintage and cute and I love them and am starting to want to be her (just without the slight psychotic streak, of course).
 

 
Doesn't she look rad? I want to copy her outfits. Also, if you haven't already, you need to watch that film. Its brilliant, one of my favourites.
 

first page of my new journal...not that great I know, but only my first attempt. You never know, I might get better eventually!
 
ellie xo
 
p.s: notice the Janis Ian reference in the title?! She's a fantastic songwriter, check out her song 'at seventeen'. So relevant. Discovered her through one of my favourite blogs psychedelic daisy :)


12 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that movie. :) And I love your journal page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! And yeah it's a great movie! X

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou Helen! It's the first collage journal I've ever done and hopefully I'll get better but you know, may as well give it a try! <3 xx

      Delete
  3. I tried to read Misery when I was younger but it scared the living daylights out of me so I had to stop >.<

    I think your journal looks cool!

    http://awkwardinfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it is a little scary! & Thankyou, hopefully I can post some more pictures soon! :) <3 xx

      Delete
  4. so simple and lovely <3 great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepiest Movie, but in a good way haha x
    http://thediamondhaze.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡