I wish it was the 60s, I wish we could be happy

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Hello again...I apologise for the fact this is ANOTHER inspiration post, but as I'm away at the moment (this post is scheduled) I can't upload any outfit pictures until I get back :(
I have loads planned though and my dad's going to take oodles of photos while we're away so hopefully I'll be able to make it up to you guys!
I'm currently super obsessed with the 60s...I love the bold prints and patterns, flares, twiggy-esque makeup, the beatles, david bowie, woodstock...everything about the decade fascinates and inspires me. Here are some photos I found on tumblr just to get you all into the 60s vibe...
(Woodstock is my idea of heaven. great music, great people, great style...I mean just look at those patterned shirts, and that flower crown)
(not only is that my favourite lip colour, but the flowers are just amazing and I wish I could just permanently have flowers entwined in my hair)
(I love all outfits...especially the checkered dresses. I really want one)
(everything about this is perfect)
(George Harrison...Musician, Worldwide celebrity, and now, style icon.)
(hey, mr tambourine man, play a song for me...)
(60s queen)
 
 
~SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE-Y THING~
this post was scheduled as I'm away on holiday at the moment (hence the lack of good posts) so any new followers I will check your blogs out when I get back, and will reply to any comments as soon as I can! I promise I will get back to you once I'm back in england :)
 
ellie xo
 

16 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been lusting after a checked dress recently! I'm also a 60s fanatic! Love your blog, now following :)
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,they're gorgeous aren't they?! And thankyou so much, I will follow you back the moment I get some reliable internet connection! Xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE The Beatles. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Augh so perf. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I wish I was there for the whole beatlemania hype. :) thankyou! Xx

      Delete
  3. Great post title! The 60's is such an inspiring decade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the song (its from 'the bends' by radiohead for anyone who isn't familiar with it) and yeah, I just love the whole 60's thing :)xx

      Delete
  4. Is that 60s queen Twiggy?

    x g.
    http://pearlveins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, love all of your posts! Hope you're having fun in Europe :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Jade :) I am actually...italy is amazing (however I am quite looking forward to getting home and spending ridiculous amounts of time blogging & drinking hot chocolate) :)xx

      Delete
  6. aaah i love this! so gorgeous - that woodstock picture is amazing! :) and i'm glad twiggy made the cut, i will never tire of her! <3
    xx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! And I know, she is just so gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  7. Very inspirational post! Great choice of photos.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 60s has always been the most interesting and intriguing for in terms of fashion and culture. I love it too much to bear
    ...and George Harrison and Patti Boyd.. my favourites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has...I find it fascinating! :) xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡