Strange days have found us

Friday, 5 April 2013

So a couple of weekends ago I went down to camden (on my own obviously...I feel awkward buying my weird things with other people) and went a little crazy in this gorgeous antique/curiosity shop I found...It's this adorable little shop around the back of the Horse Hospital (to those who know camden, just walk past cyberdog, and straight around the back of the vintage part (don't go down the stairs!)) and it sold all kinds of old ephemera and 'curiosities', such as old photographs, medals, badges, magazines and comics, china etc. The lady who works there is super nice too (I don't know her name but we had a discussion about how organised clutter is the best thing in the world) basically go to camden and find that shop (or just find a cute antique shop near you.)
(I made a sort of physical moodboard)
 
(I had to. I couldn't resist...it's a pastel troll, for goodness sake)
(I bought some vintage glasses...they still have their previous owner's lenses in them, so I can't really see a thing when I wear them...also sorry about the photo quality as always)
I also got some sunglasses for my holiday, here are some rather odd selfies to demonstrate....sorry about my hair and face etc.
 
 
 
 
 
 
~SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE-Y THING~
this post was scheduled as I'm away on holiday at the moment (hence the lack of good posts) so any new followers I will check your blogs out when I get back, and will reply to any comments as soon as I can! I promise I will get back to you once I'm back in england :)
 
ellie xo
 
 


24 comments:

  1. Really amazing sunglasses! xx
    You are really prettyy! xx

    madeinlatvija.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great with those glasses!!! And lols...the troll. Reminds me of childhood. Back ion the 90's :D Hope to keep in touch girl ;)

    xoxo Gozika
    http://gozikasjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? I just had to buy it. And thankyou. And of course :) :) xx

      Delete
  3. cool stuff! your sunglasses look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff! I totally had one of those trolls when I was younger. I love thrifting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so awesome right!? And same, my life would be nothing without a good old day of thrifting every now and again ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Seems like I'll have to find that shop next time I'm in Camden! (which is july, sigh i miss that place) those glasses are reallyyy great!

    www.flower-is-power.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And Camden is the best place on earth isn't it!? Xx

      Delete
  6. Love the third pair of glasses the most!
    With the glasses that have the lenses, are you going to pop them out or replace them?

    x g.
    http://pearlveins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and I'm going to get my prescription lenses put in them (because its the only way I can try and convince myself to actually wear my glasses) xx

      Delete
  7. Looks like some real cool stuff :)

    xx, V

    itsthevworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I know right!? I got so excited when I found them...they reminded me of yours! xx

      Delete
  9. So I know you think the photo quality is awful but I think it adds to the 'vintage' appeal to your blog. Know what I mean? Lots of modern things are usually sharp and, I don't know, pinch. And your photos are warmly lit and soft and quite pretty.
    Well, that's what I think.
    And I think your glasses are really cool.

    www.glitterdaiquiri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, such a lovely comment! Really means a lot to hear from you guys x

      Delete
  10. how do you get your eyebrows to be so great? awesome glasses btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use benefit browzings wax <3 thankyou :)x

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡